Find me online

Facebook LinkedIn YouTube IMDB ProjectorFilms   




Monday, July 09, 2012

Craziest news story ever


I keep a storydust folder of interesting things I find. I was going through it recently and rediscovered this. It is a storydust overload! It's at least 5 stories in one. Although what a great biopic in the making! Surely the maddest news story of all time.

 I was going to attempt to write it into the script for Friend Request, my nano-budget feature film, but decided it was too zany even for that!

Thanks to Suki Singh for handing me the cutting many years ago!


4 comments:

Craig said...

Perhaps you're unaware of this, but Errol Morris made a documentary about Ms. McKinney called "Tabloid," in which he interviewed her about the sex-slave case and the dog-cloning. After the movie was released, she sued him: http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2011/nov/08/joyce-mckinney-sues-errol-morris-tabloid

Tim Clague said...

I was unaware of that Craig, but as I liked Fog of War I got a copy of Tabloid but have yet to watch it. Obviously I will now check it out ASAP. Cheers

Craig said...

It's bizarre and amazing, but I have to admit it helps if you don't know much about the story before you watch the documentary. The first time I saw it I had only the vaguest idea of what it was about and by the end I had to scrape my jaw up off the floor. I enjoyed it even more the second time I watched it because then I could admire the clever way Morris put it all together. I hope after you watch it you'll post a follow-up with your reaction.

Tim Clague said...

I watched it today Craig. In many ways it is a shame that it doesn't feature her attempt to sue Errol Morris (by definition, it couldn't of course) as I feel this continues the story of her involvement with the media. I enjoyed it. It was well put together. Entertaining of course. But perhaps not quite worthy of a feature. After all, being so 'out there' there can be no real lessons to draw from this. It is a unique series of events.