Find me online

Facebook LinkedIn YouTube IMDB ProjectorFilms   




Thursday, July 05, 2012

Bless you script readers

script reading

I've got two scripts in my inbox (not sure why it's called the inbox and not the in-tray, but anyway) and these scripts have been there a fair old while.

I toy with the idea of reading them. I should do. I want to. They task me. I want to get involved in the projects, I want to be exposed to the writing, techniques and themes of others. I even like reading scripts when I get into them. But something about 100 pages stretching out in front of me puts me off. It is almost a little microcosm of the issues of starting to write a script.

So what nuggets of advice do I have for myself? Or with what should I kick myself up the ass with? I don't know. This post isn't about that. It's a thank you to the script readers out there.

Script readers in consultancy firms like Industrial Scripts, or Sarah Olley. Or the scriptwriters' best friend, advocate and champion Danny Stack - or the writers who do a bit of reading on the side like Dom Carver and so many others.

Cheers to you all - cheers for just sitting down and reading the damn things. Awesome.

No comments: