Find me online

Facebook LinkedIn YouTube IMDB ProjectorFilms   




Monday, May 21, 2012

Finding filming locations


My local compadre Andy - from Nocturne Films - asked me to tag along on his location scouting trip. What a find. Out near Sopley and run via the guys at BH24 Productions it is an old RAF base that is falling into ruin in parts, while other parts are being done up.



Even as a writer I think finding cool places and looking around is a great inspiration. For three main reasons.

  1. It gets your mind out of the modern domestic environment.
  2. It makes you more comfortable to write scenes that may seem out of reach for a low budget.
  3. Best of all, it just gives you ideas by being there - in a storydust manner.
Certainly it gave myself and Andy an idea for a new web series even though I was partly thinking about Friend Request locations and Andy was looking for music video locations. He has done one there already. Check it below.

No comments: