Find me online

Facebook LinkedIn YouTube IMDB ProjectorFilms   




Friday, March 23, 2012

BAFTA Games Awards


Last weekend I was at the BAFTA Games Awards. 

This was to support my good friend and fellow scriptwriter (and games developer) Rudolf Kremers who was nominated for his debut game - Eufloria. Now out for the iPad too! Get it you fools.

The big winner of the night was Portal 2, including best story. And I think rightly deserved. This is a kind of story that couldn't really be told in other formats / media. Those to me, are the best kind of games, ones that really do what games do well and don't try to be something else.

I thought it was one of the best awards ceremonies I've been too. Relaxed atmosphere, yet professional. Original retro games to play. And EVERYONE in the after party, none of this two or three tier nonsense. Good stuff - even if Rudolf was pipped to the post on the night.

No comments: