Find me online

Facebook LinkedIn YouTube IMDB ProjectorFilms   




Monday, March 01, 2010

Listen!

AudioBoo is a online service which is kind of an audio version of twitter; a quick way to upload and share your audio messages.

Steve Keevil has taken it and turned it into a platform for super short-radio plays in a series he calls 'iPhone monologues'.

He asked me to take part - and I did. Here is the result. It has a kind of lo-fi quality due to being recorded via an iPhone but that is part of the experience. In fact, in the future, I think this could go further by doing the recording on location somewhere suitable.

Here is the script, for reference.




This is fun - isn’t it. I know you think so too because I can hear you screaming wildly. Screaming through pure enjoyment. At least I think it is that kind of screaming. It is hard to hear you properly when you are in that car boot.

‘Thou Shalt Not Kidnap’ isn’t one of the Ten Commandments. So does that mean God thinks it is okay then? I think, on balance, that the Almighty would come out against it.

Indeed. It is wrong to kidnap people. That is why I had to escape from you and put you in the boot. You have face justice for what you did to me. I am bringing you in.

But then was it kidnapping seeing as how you are the police? I guess you would call it ‘arresting me’. Damn. This good and evil thing isn’t as clear cut as the bible would have me believe.

Maybe I’ll just crash, kill us and let God sought it out. You okay with that? Takes it out of our hands altogether.

But I changed my mind. And I watch the car burn and I think two things. One, that watching a fire is just as fun as driving fast. And two, I wish I believed in God.

2 comments:

Elinor said...

Ooh fabulous!

James said...

Twitter but with audio? Hmm...