Find me online

Facebook LinkedIn YouTube IMDB ProjectorFilms   




Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Ticking your own box

With some competitions coming in now and more soon (Digital Shorts, Cinema Extreme etc) it was worth remembering what Lucy says about her script...

Perhaps it's not high concept enough? In that case, that's absolutely nothing to do with my writing. However good it is, if it's high concept they want - I'm just not ticking the right box.

I'd just like to extend that argument a bit further. You don't need to enter any competitions these days. You don't need your script and idea 'validated' by anyone if you don't want. Just get it out there. And get it made outside of the system.

Hope, Mr Vista, WaterMelon were all done this way.

The point is if you love it, if it ticks your box then you go for it!

1 comment:

Lucy said...

Hell yes, that's what I'm talking about Timbo! I never win contests, or even really come close - does that mean I'm deluded? Some would argue I am, but then they've never seen my work. I know it's good, no one needs to validate it for me. One day people will watch it and it will be a funny Wikipedia entry that I never got anywhere in contests, lol.