Find me online

Facebook LinkedIn YouTube IMDB ProjectorFilms   




Monday, December 15, 2008

Nollywood - shooting a feature in a week


This talk is about the Nigerian film industry, Nollywood, the 3rd largest film industry in the world. They are making about 40 features a week!

The best part about this story however is that this is an industry grown up from the grassroots. No Hollywood cash injection, no funding, no film council style lottery stuff. Just people making films, at a price that means locals can see them, which means they earn enough to make another one. Are these films great? Probably not, but they are relevant to the people who want to see them.

So could we do that here? Could we do a feature in say 10 days? Why not? Would you, should you? Should I?

Probably not. As it has taken me a week so far to try and get the insurance done so I can get my new mac. So I'm one feature behind already!!!

4 comments:

Piers said...

I'm interested.

Anyone else?

Tim Clague said...

Yeah. What do you think piers. Up for it? Is it possible? When? Spread the word. See if we can get enough help.

lurrenzinc said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lurrenzinc said...

Music and Nollywood which is reputed to have generated N522 Billion Naira.