Find me online

Facebook LinkedIn YouTube IMDB ProjectorFilms   




Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Why do we make films? One filmmaker's reflection*

a little film about making films

Here is Nick's sequel to his previous film. In his words...

Being amongst so many filmmakers at the Berlin Talent Campus, I thought I'd asked a few why they made films. Charles Officer's reply was so eloquent I decided to make it the basis for the super8 that I had shot whilst biking round the city. My mate Gareth Scales joined me for the ride and collaborated on the edit. This is the first of two collaborations I've made with the Mr Scales, which has been great fun! Enjoy.

Does this film speak for you? Why do you write / make films? How was it supposed to make you feel? What was it supposed to achieve? Have those things come true?

* 3 film makers really I guess.
Technorati Tags:,,.

2 comments:

Clay Lowe said...

Hi Tim,

Thanks for sharing this video. I connected on several levels with the ideas put across in the film, through the words, images and music.

Tim Clague said...

I thought you'd like that one Clay. Its not just for film makers of course but rather anyone who would class themselves as a storyteller or communicator.