Find me online

Facebook LinkedIn YouTube IMDB ProjectorFilms   




Friday, September 07, 2007

Not a beginning, a middle, and an end.

Ben Okri discusses his approach to writing


Novellist Ben Okri talks about his writing approach. A good challenge to structure geeks like myself.

“A story is not a beginning, a middle, and an end. A story is much richer than that. A story is almost like an interval in the enchantment of living. Phases of music, that’s what a story really is. It’s not that this happened to this person and then they did that, that’s not what a story is.”

2 comments:

David said...

Outstanding sentiments, and an inspiring delivery too.

Thanks for sharing this with us Tim.

Tim Clague said...

It doesn't sit very well with my natural style - but that's why I uploaded it. It's a challenge to my own personal 'more of the same'.