Find me online

Facebook LinkedIn YouTube IMDB ProjectorFilms   




Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Action!

Clayton Lowe made an interesting point on his blog:

Action is character wrote F. Scott Fitzgerald. Syd Field expanded the idea to “what a person does is what he is, not what he says.” Now that was written in the context of creating characters for screenplays, but as I digested the statement, I thought how would that apply to me as a character. What do I actually do from day to day, moment to moment? And how does what I do, define who I am. How much stuff do I say, but not do?...

...If someone were to write a biography of me, I wonder what they would write…


Good stuff. Its good because its all things we know. We know we should live the life rather than talk about it. In a way I'm to blame as well. I ramble on about 'get your pitch right', 'think about your personal USP' - all that philosophy.

What Clayton's poke in the head reminds us is... and then do it.

Funny eh? That's the bit most people forget to mention!!!

No comments: