Find me online

Facebook LinkedIn YouTube IMDB ProjectorFilms   




Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Quick story

In the spirit of James Moran here is a feelgood story. I've noticed that hearing about the success of James (due to his film Severance) is a great tonic. On a smaller scale here is what happened to me yesterday.

A few of us went to the local short film night - FutureShorts. A couple of hundred students also had the same idea. Which is great. This kind of alternative cinema circuit could be a big thing in a few years time. Its the kind of idea that I know a lot of American companies are looking at. Going one further I heard in Cannes about films (mainly political films) that get 'distribution' by arranging screenings in peoples homes. But I digress.

The story is about a girl called Amy who came up to me to tell me how much Eight had meant to her. She had arranged a screening of it in her home town and everything.

That's the kind of story that sticks with you. And drives you on. And makes you wish you made more films.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, cheers Tim-bloke! I always imagine it has the opposite effect, that most people reading the blog think I'm boasting or something. In real life, too, which is why I never bring up my movie stuff unless people ask about it, so that they don't think I'm a self-centred git. I'm so paranoid, I really am. But it's good to hear that it's inspiring, in any sort of way - I've been getting emails saying the same thing, and it feels really cool. I'm still paranoid though.

Tim Clague said...

I am a self-centred git and very good at it to. I can give you some lessons if you like in the methods of media twatdom. That way you can look down at the toilet bloke and no longer be afraid.