So what? Well, thinking back it has done a number of things:
- Put me in touch with writing guru Danny Stack.
- And other writers and film people from around the world - too many to mention.
- Got the idea of the Gravity Model out there amongst writers.
- The same for Storydust.
- Holding the local film makers get together.
- Launched the whole idea of 365 films
- And most crucially made me consider marketing much more urgently. How can writers get the credit they deserve unless they demand it. To demand it they need to be known.
- Made me look at my own workflow - what actually have I done today worth writing about. If nothing, then why not!
- Made me think about what it is that I do really do (new ideas for film makers) and how much I tell people that's what I do.
What's coming up? Last year was about looking inwards to understand all those things. This next year is about making things.
- The trailer for Circumference.
- Leading into the full feature.
- The Scriptwriters Life model (everything you need to know on a page).
- And hopefully a fully blown CD-ROM made to back this model up.
- 365 - you never know!
Anyway. I'm off to Edinburgh for the screening of Hope. Maybe see you there. I'm already meeting up with blog regular Sal from My Excellent Adventures - ahhh - the power of the blog!