Find me online

Facebook LinkedIn YouTube IMDB ProjectorFilms   




Wednesday, May 10, 2006

New way for writers to work on scripts

One of the guys who I am a mentor to (called Stewart) is working on a fantastic new idea. It really hit the mark for me and he said I could share it here.

Its an idea of mind mapping your script - so laying out automatically through software all the characters and locations etc. I thought this would be handy in pre-production before you do the first draft. But Stewart also pointed out how helpful this would be at the pitch stage as its you story in visual form. It would certainly be a useful prop for me anyway.

Here is website for it
Or you can download a PDF here

Technorati Tags:,,.

1 comment:

David Wigram said...

You might want to have a look at Freemind (http://tinyurl.com/c2cc6) which is an open source mindmapping tool that's reasonably mature.

I use it for the early stages of projects quite a lot - not quite like the pdf you linked to does it, but then that's the charm of mindmapping. You get to put your own thought processes out onto a document.