Find me online

Facebook LinkedIn YouTube IMDB ProjectorFilms   




Tuesday, April 25, 2006

The proposition


No, not the film "The Proposition".

What is your proposition

As I'm getting ready for Cannes that is my first job. I must really think about what I am offering. I mean sure, I want to get Circumference off the ground. But why would anyone want to meet me to talk about that? What is special about it? Is that all I am bringing?

No. Because I do rewrites as well. Is that it then? Still no - as I am at the forefront of exploring new audience interations with ideas such as 365films.

So what exactly is my proposition? Its the same as this blog - new ideas. In the spirit of that I've done a 'new idea' for telling people about it. You can see my Cannes proposition at TimClague.com I've tried to capture what I'm all about in the words on the page but also in the odd way of doing it.

My Cannes colleague Suki Singh also has a site. He is focussing purely on attracted co-production partners to 3 feature films in development and pre-production. So his site just sells that. It also matches his unique style.

Get this right first. Be clear on what you are 'selling'. To use a marketing term - what is your USP, your unique selling point. There will be a 1000 writers there. Why are you different?

Technorati Tags:,,.

No comments: