Find me online

Facebook LinkedIn YouTube IMDB ProjectorFilms   




Thursday, January 19, 2006

Talking about structure

Tomorrow is my talk at Exeter University that I mentioned before. Here's the agenda:

* What is your film really about? What do you want to say?
* Your outline
* Your story plan - ways of doing a story map
* Your treatment - what does a good one look like
* Your script - the graft
* Doing rewrites - managing change
* Ending up on - pitching your story

I'm sure we'll have a good discussion. But the more I talk about these things the more I'm convinced that this is only half the story. The other half, the forgotten half, is about sales. Its about getting your ideas out there. And the first stage of that is pitching and talking with confidence. Those skills are always forgotten about.

No comments: