THE STORY SO FAR
I think it wise to recap where we are since the last recap.
So far we have concluded:
- Lack of originality is hurting cinema - at the box office.
- This may also be spilling over to TV.
- This has happened through too much 'old skool' marketing
- One way around this is to sidestep it - like Sunshine is.
- But this is a strange beast. Not to be left to the marketing department.
- One way is to find new ditsribution methods.
- Our idea is to vodcast (TV 2.0) and we have launched Quartz Shorts
- As writers how we fit in. We should keep on throwing out crazy ideas and looking at our own situation. Are we just as 'safe' as Hollywood?
- Terry Wogan invented blogging!
- Is Hollywood on a bounce back?
- Has someone woken up? Maybe Disney?
- More from Quartz Shorts
- Can this grow into a full 365films launch?
See you in the future