THE STORY SO FAR
I think it wise to recap where we are so far for those that have come in late and are having to stand at the back.
So far we have concluded:
- Writing is a lonely existence
- As the writer of the script you have little influence on the final film
- You have no power as you are invisible to the public
- The public don't know you as what you do is not 'sexy'
- You need to be sexy
- One way is to do something else. What we have called a hyphen, eg. writer-director
- Another way is to be a 'brand'. Someone who delivers fresh thinking. eg. Charlie Kaufman
- The traditional structure of delivery is about marketing - NOT about making good films.
- We want to make good films
- So we need to remove as much of the middle man as possible.
- How can the audience and film maker connect more easily
- Can you do away with the middle men
- How can blogs help?
See you in the future