Here is the proposal
Nobody has all the answers. So why do we pretend they do? Why do we let people in our living rooms so they can talk at us?
This programme is different. This programme seeks out the answer through the exploring the shared experience. Not through vox-pops, not through ‘experts’ but by talking sensibly to everyday people. Give them a chance to shine.
Example show: Topic – Euthanasia
• A doctor, a firm believer in the defence of life at all costs, lays out his opinion.
• But then he meets a man whose mother is terminally ill. Why can’t she have her dignity?
• Which leads him to talk to the consultant in charge of the patient – what is his prognosis?
• But then he talks to someone who came out of a coma after a year. What is there life like now?
• Which leads him to talk to a lawyer – what is the legal point of view?
Through the ongoing ‘conversation’ will our presenter change his view. Only through talking can we shift our perspective.
Taking the best of documentary and the best of discussion programmes we get out and about and create a country-wide conversation with people who know what they are talking about, yet have never been asked. No spin, no ego, no celebrity. Just people like you and me.